PDA

View Full Version : Problem on Set!

BlackTheFotologist
February 12th, 2009, 08:34 PM
your model is a dud... no energy and you need more to feed off.

<b>How do you finaggle with your model so that they can relax and move into the zone of shooting photo's that aren't dull, or boring? And how do you keep the vibe positive, and not awkward?
<b/>

I myself, love & need music around... and try to find the best conversation pieces via whatever sounds nice for the model, me and make-up artist.

Any other suggestions???

RANDOM IMAGE POSTED BELOW :)

Nick Saglimbeni
March 15th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Interesting questions. First, I have to ask if that random pic was posted intentionally, because I will say that I find it much harder to direct guys than women. Girls want to do well, so they will respond to direction more easily, whereas guys are REALLY afraid of looking stupid, so they tend to play it safe and try to just "look cool."

Ask the model to bring a CD or and iPod with music she likes. This will help tremendously.

More to follow after I've had time to digest this question...

alexander.vanroy
March 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Quite simply its kind of like getting the confidance of an agressive dog in some ways cos you have to talk calmly, in a friendly reassuring voice, do not touch them and tell them to breathe in and out and relax their bodies. You have to do all this will a twist of sarcasm and joking around. Its a good idea to also remind them what they are there for and also say that nervousness is projected into the images which of course is a bad thing.

I am a real fun and joking around guy and usually get models confidence with my character. If they 'smell' that you are an amatuer it will not make them feel comfy at all.

your model is a dud... no energy and you need more to feed off.

<b>How do you finaggle with your model so that they can relax and move into the zone of shooting photo's that aren't dull, or boring? And how do you keep the vibe positive, and not awkward?
<b/>

I myself, love & need music around... and try to find the best conversation pieces via whatever sounds nice for the model, me and make-up artist.

Any other suggestions???

RANDOM IMAGE POSTED BELOW :)