Thread: first time retouch!

Default first time retouch!

first of all, i want to thank nick for creating such an awesome video! it was really easy to follow! before watching the dvds i really didnt know how to retouch, now i feel like i can take my photos to a whole other level as long as i keep practicing.

here are a few images i retouched after watching the full dvd set, i used natural light because i dont have lights, they are in the order that i retouched them.

also, what is the best format to save images after retouching? i noticed when i attached these photos that they lost quality and color, is there any way to avoid that?

thanks for taking a look! let me know what you guys think
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default cont.

here are more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi David,

Thanks for the kind words, and for posting your work. The shots look great, especially given that you're so new to retouching. The #2 and #3 photos are fantastic, I wouldn't change much.

For #1 the body looks great, but it's inconsistent with the face, which looks a bit oily or sharp compared with the body. A better blend would help here.

for #4 I actually think the face is a bit too smooth, though if your intention was to get rid of the cheek lines, then I'm impressed with how smoothly you covered them. I think a bit of contour would help keep the photo more realistic, but all in all I think you've really begun the master smoothing around sharp edges like eyebrows and lashes.

Great work!
    -Nick

Owner, CEO
    SlickforceStudio - You. Perfected.™
    www.slickforce.com
    www.nicksaglimbeni.com